Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Sunday, January 20, 2008
- Coal Tar found in anti-itch cream (I know where your minds are going) dandruff shampoo and coal based dyes can be found in toothpaste and mouth wash.
- Dioxane an animal carcinogen that can appear as a contaminant in products.
- Formaldehyde (didn't we use this stuff in science lab in high school) found in baby bath soap nail polish hair dyes and eyelash adhesive.
- Lead or Mercury
- Parabens (I have mentioned this dirty word before!)
- Petroleum Distillates-beware of the words petroleum or liquid paraffin on labels.
- P-Phenylenediamine can cause damage to the nervous system-mostly found in hair dyes.
- Hydroquinone found in skin lighteners (all you sisters out there bleachin your skin take heed!) and facial moisturizers.
So now that I have cast a shadow of doom and gloom on all personal care products, beware and check the labels for these unhealthy products. If you want to find out the companies who have signed the Compact for Safe Cosmetics visit www.safecosmetics.org/companies.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Here is another non-profit charity that is great http://www.soles4souls.org/ they receive shoes from all over North America and ships shoes to people in need from Honduras to Swaziland. When the Tsunami struck in Indonesia and Hurricane Katrina swept people off their feet. Soul4Soul was there to lend a hand. There mission is "to impact as many lives as possible with the gift of shoes."
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Do you remeber the scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's when Holly Golightly has that smashing cocktail party with drinks galore. I have always wanted to throw an exciting party like that....I can just picture it, me in the starring role as "Green Girl Golightly" the New York Ecolite flitting around the room, topping off every drink with Square One Organic Vodka.
This smooth clean vodka was created by Allison Evanow her sister Debbie and friend Kimberly Charles. It is the worlds first certified organic Rye Vodka and it's green from the inside out! let me break it down how green they are:
- the distillery is partially wind powered from local generated power
- the label is made from tree free face stock labels made from bamboo, bagasse (sugar cane) and cotton
- the rye by product from the vodka-making process is sold as feed to an organic dairy farm
- they use carbon-off sets for air travel
- it is shipped in chlorine-free partially recycled paper cartons printed with only soy based inks.
You can't get any greener than that. Bottoms up!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Did you know that only 5% of the power drawn by cell phone chargers are actually used to
charge your phone. The other 95% is wasted when you leave it plugged into the wall. This adds to the pollution created by burning fossil fuels. Oh snap! I need to start unplugging my charger.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Gorgeous and Green Saturday's!
Friday, January 11, 2008
This sounds like a fantabulous idea but I hope they are thinking of using organic potatoes!