Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Upcycle Tuesday! Travel in Eco Style

$30 Amazon.com
I love traveling but I am a terrible packer. Toiletries in ziplock  bags shoved in at the last minute sitting on the suitcase to close it yup that's how I roll! My daughter hates when I try to bring carry on because I fill it to the brim and struggle to put it in overhead luggage. I am completely inspired to turn over a GREEN leaf thanks to Lauren Conrad's new eco friendly travel acessories XOeco. Lauren worked with Repreve a recyclable material company that turns used plastic bottles into  recycled yarn. Expressing her concern for the environment Lauren said "There's so much buildup of garbage in our landfills and oceans and it's compromising our environment marine life and their habitats." To add the icing to the cake each product is labeled with the waste avoided, carbon footprint and the number of bottles used.
Yay! an Single Green Female making eco strides.

Image via Glamour.com

No comments: