Monday, August 6, 2012

Must Have Monday....I'm so excited!



Today was a huge eco coup for me, I was just telling Jakob this morning we were running out of toiletries and I wanted to switch to all organic stuff. He of course sternly told me "that's fine but let's wait" because he doesn't want me to buy body wash for 10 euros. I agreed but through a gritted teeth smile....not a cute look! Fast forward to me returning from Modular (my favorite place in Berlin) and stopping in DM (Drug store in Berlin) and what do I find to my sheer and utter delight a whole line of uber I mean uber cheap organic products by Alverde. They have everything, face wash, body wash, lotion, shampoo, makeup toothpaste, I was in complete heaven!  I am trying the Vanilla and Mandarin body wash 1.45 euros and Rose Relax Body Oil 2.95 euros, actually once I'm done this post I'm going to make a trip back hehehehehe.

On the weekend I like to take the time to find eco-friendly blogs that are stylish fun and informative (I'm still on the hunt!) somehow through my blog meandering I found Goode Box, a green girl's dream come true!

When I decided to green my beauty regime I became overwhelmed by all that was out there and was not sure what was the best to use. Goode Box helps you with that problem, they are subscription based at $16/mth (like Birchbox or Glossy Box) and offer eco-friendly beauty products that are tailored to your age and skin type. Their box is curated by eco girls in the know and include great brands such as Dr Hauschka and Josie Maran Cosmetics. They step it up an eco notch by teaming up with TerraCycle. A program that allows you to return your non recyclable beauty packaging. Every unit that is collected Goode Box donates 2 cents to the Environmental Working Group. It only takes baby steps people!!!

Whenever I talk about beauty products I will introduce the DIRTY WORDS you find in Non Eco friendly products. I have found them via Green Beauty Team. 

Like most dirty words found on the back of your beauty products this one is a mouthful!

Diazolidinyl Urea and Imidazolidinyl Urea

This can be found in skin, body, hair products, antiperspirants and nail polish. They are formaldehyde-forming preservatives (ewwwww sounds like a science project with frogs!) which can cause joint pain, allergies, depression, headaches, chest pain, chronic fatigue, dizziness, insomnia and asthma. Is it just me or does this sound like one of those commercials with the list of hectic symptoms! Lastly it can also weaken your immune system and cause cancer.  There you have it a reason to switch to eco friendly beauty products!

Phew! sorry for the long post!

No comments: