Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Upcycle Tuesday Magic Carpet Ride!

Inspiration














 Lately I have been rug shopping for our apartment, at first I thought we were fine without a rug but now I have reconsidered. I think a rug just ties a room together, that's why I was so excited when I saw this beauty on Design Sponge. I have saved a picture of my inspiration and now have found something wonderful in it's likeness. The best part is it is made from 100% reclaimed fabric! The talented designer Lydia Trott  takes leftover scraps of fabric and weaves them into beautiful rag rugs. Love it!!!!!  You can find her shop Home Terrain on Etsy.

Green Note: It's always difficult figuring out what to do with leftover scraps instead of throwing them out save them, they make perfect stuffing for dog beds, Moroccan poufs ( that's what I'm saving mine for) or craft project for your little ones ie dolls and doll clothing.

No comments: