What do these three luxury brands have in common Stella McCartney ( my green girl crush), Gucci and Alexander McQueen? They all work under PPR Group headed by Chairman and CEO Henri Pinault and drum roll please!!!! He has just announced his five year Social and Environmental plan for these luxury brands and others under PPR Group. According to Luxury Goes Green these are the steps they are taking
to reduce their carbon footprint:
- Reduce waste, water, paper and packaging by 25%
- Through their purchase of 5% in Wildlife Works Carbon they will secure 5 million hectares of native forest over the next three years and protect them for the next 20 years
- They will phase out PVC entirely by 2016
- Secure 100% of their paper from certified sustainable forests with a minimum of 50% recycled content
- Pledge to phase out and eliminate all hazardous chemicals from it's productivity by 2020
Green Note: Two ways to go green at work
1) Use less paper and if you do use paper, use paper made from post consumer waste.
2) When going to the bank on your lunch break say no to printed copies of your bank statement.
One of the many green things I love about Germany, they don't offer a printed statement they display it on the screen!What are ways you reduce your carbon footprint in the office?