Thursday, January 17, 2013

Green Seams Thursday.... Olga Road

Love!!

Bomber's are always a must!

Vintage Leather Trench to Stylish Jacket

Original Parts Retained!


I have been an avid vintage shopper since high school I would find something in a magazine hone in on the look and scour vintage stores to find something similar! The particular item I remember was a shoot with Nadja Auremann wearing a fur collared black coat.  I visited every goodwill and salvation army in Toronto. I found this beautiful leather coat with an amazing fox fur collar, I know your probably wondering where I am going with this story. Well after finding this amazing coat there was one flaw it was too long and missing the belt so I cut the bottom hemmed it with leather glue and made a belt with the left over piece of leather. I rocked the shit out of that coat with everyone asking where I bought it :) 

The moral of my story is, it's amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it and Olga Road has hit the nail on the head! They upcycle old leather trench coats  into fabulous biker and bomber jackets. So the next time you feel bad about buying a virgin leather coat, visit Olga Road's website they have an array of stylish sustainable options to chose from!



No comments: