Monday, March 31, 2008

Horray! I'm Back!!!!

















I have been back since last Sunday but I have been extremely sick for the past week. Yuck! I have tons of exciting things to share with you from my trip to the NYC! My first stop was to help my best friend greenify her home. We went to the Wholefoods on Houston and it was amazing it took up a whole block between Bowery and Chrystie and was filled with tons of green goodies! We completely greenified all her cleaning supplies and changed her toilet paper and paper towels to 100% recycled paper products. We went out with the old light bulbs and in with the new energy saving bulbs. Wholefoods even had biodegradable kitchen sponges. Yippe! Another green girl taking small steps.
Later that day we decided to treat ourselves to an organic mani pedi at Priti organic spa located at 35 1st St right at the corner of 1st ave and 1st St. Unfortunately they were booked with green gals gettin their nails did! The receptionist kindly gave us each three tiny vials of their Priti soy polish remover made from corn and soy and is 100% biodegradable. It has absolutely no strong scent! Very Impressive.
Our next adventure was to Neiman Marcus in New Jersey in my best friend and her boyfriend's Toyota Prius ( this is said with extreme excitement!). Our reasoning for going was purely green of course....we decided to pick something up as opposed to having it shipped by some yucky truck emitting carbon emissions ( FYI they don't have Neiman Marcus in Manhattan). So off we went on our little adventure fraught with it's highs and lows. The high, visiting the new Smart Car dealership on our way from lunch. Not shocking to find there is a wait list.....that's ok because they have a future customer in four years! The low was the wonderful greek food we could not finish would not be thrown into a compost. Note to self must become an advocate for composting in restaurants!
I have to say my next adventure was a bit of a disappointment. My best friend's boyfriend wanted to greenify his pad so we decided to motor onto Target in Brooklyn. There is no delicate way to say this but there was not a green effing item to be found I know I know they have bamboo sheet but he has sheet's already!!! I think I found one bottle of Seventh Generation ONE BOTTLE! What's going on Target you usually on the cutting edge of all that is going on, I mean Walmart is greener! It was a sad day I say a sad day. But do not despair to lift our spirits my friends boyfriend took us to lunch in Williamsburg and we had grass fed burgers yum! Yes I know that it's better not to eat meat if your green (so I've been hearing) but this disappointed green girl had to drown her sorrows!




























No comments: