Wednesday, November 13, 2013

This n That! Fall Granola :)













Over the weekend I was Skyping with my best friend Chantal and she was telling me she was making granola. She described the process and I thought that sounds pretty simple. Here's what I combined to make this awesome granola!

Organic Rolled oats
Organic Coconut Flakes
Hazelnuts
Organic Dried Apricots (chopped)
Sprinkled Nutmeg and Cinnamon
Dash of Salt
I Combined 2 Tablespoons of Organic Cold Press Coconut oil, 1-2 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar and 2 Tablespoons of Organic Maple Syrup I poured it over the oatmeal, coconut flakes and hazelnuts until it was well coated then spread on a cookie sheet and let bake for 15-20 minutes you can judge by the crispness and once it turns golden brown. For the last 5 minutes I added the apricots so they didn't burn! On a side note your kitchen will smell like heaven :)
I added it to vanilla yogurt with apples and pomegranate seeds it was a hit with Michaela, Jakob and super healthy for the little nugget aka the baby! The extras I stored in my favorite German Weck jars.

No comments: